Considering Knee Surgery in Houston?
Knee pain is an ailment that can strike us when we least expect it. Whether its due to a sudden injury or through years of overuse, knee pain can afflict people of all ages. But there is good news: knee pain is treatable if detected and treated early.
That’s where UGH Pain and Spine comes in. Our Houston knee pain clinic offers patients a comfortable, stress-free environment in which they can heal. Moreover, our experienced medical staff uses cutting-edge techniques and technologies to first diagnose the underlying source of your knee pain, then come up with the proper medical solution for your particular knee problem.
Could one of those solutions involve knee surgery? The short answer to this question is “possibly”—while a Houston knee surgery may be required in some cases, many forms of knee pain respond well to physical therapy, medication and other non-invasive options. To determine which treatment option is right for you, contact UGH Pain and Spine today.
Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain
Unlike a number of medical conditions, acute (or sudden) knee pain can occur even without the presence of an underlying disease. Among the more common causes of this type of knee pain include the following: prolonged physical exertion, lack of physical activity/obesity, injuries such as sprains and strains, and extended period in a position that puts direct stress on the knees. To learn which of these causes may have resulted in your knee pain, you are advised to visit a knee pain clinic in Houston.
Chronic (or long-term) knee pain can be traced back to an underlying cause or condition, or several of them at once. Chronic knee pain is not as easy to treat and might require knee surgery in Houston. Conditions that cause knee pain include the following: osteoarthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, chondromalacia patella, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, and more. The UGH Pain and Spine staff can provide a full breakdown of chronic knee pain conditions and, better still, identify the targeted treatment option, or options, that will help relieve that pain.
Knee pain symptoms may vary depending on the location and severity of your knee pain. With that said, here are some common things to look out for: swelling and/or stiffness, red or irritated skin and/or skin that’s warm to the touch, popping or crunching sounds within the knee, and an inability to support weight on the knee or straighten it. If one or more of these symptoms present themselves, do not hesitate to visit our knee pain clinic in Houston before the condition becomes worse.
Knee Pain Treatment Options
UGH Pain and Spine recommends several treatment options for patients looking to relieve their knee pain. These options include the following:
- Conservative medication management for complex conditions
- Peripheral injection therapy
- Joint injections using viscosupplements
- Epidural, fact and other spinal nerve blocks
- Diagnostic procedures, including discography
- Vetebroplasty & kyphoplasty
- Disc compression therapy
- Neurostimulation, including implants
- Spinal fusions
- Pump implantation and maintenance
- Cervical epidural steroid injections
- Cervical medial branch blocks
- Cervical radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar medial branch blocks
- Lumbar radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Trigger point injections
- Botox injections for migraine headache and cervical dystonia
- Botox injections for focal dystonia, spasticity (post-stroke), traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS) and electromyography (EMG)
- Thoracic epidural steroid injections
- Thoracic medial branch blocks
- Intercostal nerve blocks
In addition, we offer other treatment options such as conservative care, pain medication and injections/nerve blocks. Learn more about your knee pain management options by contacting UGH Pain and Spine today.